Last week I attended my first ever virtual blogging event! Hosted by the amazing lovelies at Moonpig. There were flowers of dreams, cocktails a plenty (recipes below!) and a masterclass in creating bespoke cards for your friends and family!
I’m sharing with you the 5,4,3,2,1 of what I learned – including an exclusive discount voucher code for you gorgeous folks!
Five things you need to know about Moonpig cards
- There is a Moonpig app which makes planning and sending birthday cards fun and easy!
- You can sync all the birthdays you have in your phone straight to the app
- The Moonpig app can be set up to send you reminders, so you never miss a birthday again!
- You can use your own handwriting in the cards to make it even more personal (on iOS only at the moment)
- The Moonpig app means you can choose from over 10,000+ cards whenever, wherever you are. And you can personalise Moonpig cards them with names on the front and photos etc!
Four things you didn’t know about Moonpig gifts
- Flowers – these are incredible. They sent me a bouquet of the luxury summer garden flowers and they are officially the NICEST FLOWERS I’VE EVER HAD.
- Some of the flowers fit through your letterbox, so your recipient doesn’t need to be in to receive their treat
- They have an online gift section for teens – which means an end to gift vouchers for New Look and something they can actually open! This ‘Friends’ Trivial Pursuits set has been a huge hit round ours!
- You can send alcoholic treats as gifts. Including the vodka we had in our cocktail making masterclass – which was divine!
Three cocktails recipes you can make at home
We had a cocktail masterclass as part of the virtual event from the heroes at Mix and Twist. Mix and Twist send out cocktail making kits direct to your door and they’re immense!
- Summer Garden – 45ml Vodka, 25ml lime, 25ml sugar syrup, mint leaves, cucumber, 25ml elderflower soda
- Strawberry Fizz – 45ml Vodka, 25ml lemon, 25ml sugar syrup, soda, strawberries, lemon
- Passionfruit Martini – 45ml Vodka, 20ml lemon, 25ml passionfruit syrup, 60ml pineapple juice
Two top tips about flower arranging that I picked up from Roxanne, from Mooonpig.
- Only fill your vase half full of water, so you can top it up with fresh water, completely replace your water every three days and your flowers will live longer!
- You need the right vase for the right bouquet. The top of your vase should be the mid-point of your stems.
One Moonpig voucher code especially for you!
The code to use at check out (only possible via the app) is APP30ORDER and it gives you 30% off a card and a gift when buying together. The promotion ends on 26th August.
This was a Press Event and Moonpig kindly gifted me the items shared in this post.